IMPACT OF THE NEW CODE OF ASSOCIATIONS
ON INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATIONS IN BELGIUM
ARE YOU READY FOR IT??
BACKGROUND ON THE TOPIC
On 1 May 2019, a new Belgian Code of Companies and Associations entered into force. For international associations, this new Code replaces the "old" Law of 27 June 1921 on not-for-profit associations, foundations and European political parties and foundations.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Any Association Professionals and / or Board Members in the following positions who have legal responsibility:
Board Member, CEO, Managing Director, Secretary General, Director/Head of Office, Director/Head of Legal Affairs, Department Heads with legal responsibilties, Director / Head of Finance, Commercial / Partnership Director.
Workshop goals, objectives, expected outcomes? Take-aways?
What will you learn that you didn't know before?
In particular answers will be provided to the following questions:
- Unlimited commercial activities for international associations? What are the risks involved?
- What is the impact of the new Code on the composition and functioning of the governing bodies of international associations?
- Which changes are required to the articles of association of international associations? Do all international associations need to change their articles of association? What are the applicable deadlines?
- Directors’ liability regime. What remains the same? What’s new?
- Mergers, demergers and (cross-border) conversions. Which new options offers the new Code?
- When will the new Code enter into force? Do transitional provisions apply?
09.30h - 11.30h
Presentation - (the ppt. presentation will also be sent to the participants by email)
The workshop is intended to be interactive and participants are encouraged to raise questions or concerns during the presentation
11.30h - 12.30h
After the official part, attendees can sign up for personal 1-2-1 time to ask individual questions to Sarah and seek advice. Attendees are encouraged to bring a copy of their bylaw / statutes, if you wish to briefly discuss specifics. Please notice that each individual appointment is scheduled to take 10 min each. Sign up information for 1-2-1 Q & A is indicated in the Programme Workshop link and in the registration link.
With thankful support of the ASSOCIATIONWORLD partners: